Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Finished Olympic Challenge

This is the Citron Shawl from the current issue of Knitty.com. It is our knitalong project and I decided to do it as an Olympics challenge. I cast on during the opening ceremonies and finished this morning. I set a goal of a certain number of rows to do each day. At the beginning it was easy to maintain my pace but as the rows got longer and longer and longer it was tough but I perservered and completed it this morning. I even added 3 repeats of the pattern to make it larger for me. It came out great. I used a lace yarn called "Ballerina" which is smaller than the Malabrigo lace it calls for. If you enlarge this pattern, be sure to double the yardage needed. I ended up with a tiny, tiny little ball left over. All in all it was fun and I have a great spring shawl to wear.

No comments: