Sunday, December 9, 2007

Malabrigo Silky Merino in Arlene's Purples


Here it is! I received two hanks of this gorgeous yarn yesterday. So far all I have done is fondle and stroke it, and wonder at the thought of having a yarn color named after me. I am having so much fun with this. Now I need your help in selecting a project to knit up with it. I have two hanks, 150 yards each, and it is a dk weight. What do you think? It can't be too large because I don't have much yardage. Let me know your ideas. Nothing too fancy for this. It has several shades of purple within. Thanks

3 comments:

Kim said...

So beautiful! I think you should keep it as security yarn, to hold and pet when you're having a bad day. It's perfectly normal to have security yarn; don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

ArleneJ said...

Oh Kim, you have such great ideas. I have lots of security yarn at 2165 Briarcliff Road. I have a whole shop full!

Anonymous said...

Hi Arlene - well, your new yarn with your name is A DREAM COME TRUE. You know I want some! Congrats on the new blog. Haven't had a chance to catch up on it, but have enjoyed what I have seen so far.

How about a small lacy shawl, or a large scarf made from you new yarn?

Or maybe you should save one skein of it and put it in a shadow box. Sort of like saving the first dollar you made at your store.

See you soon - Hester