Friday, November 9, 2007

Look What I Brought Home Today!

I ran into the shop to deliver some new wire bins which we have to add on to our sock display - and look what arrived! Spinning Bunny 50% superwash merino and 50% tencel in the Tropical Sea colorway. Last time this came in it got sold before I could snare any but not this time. This photo doesn't show the subtle color changes which make it Tropical Sea. It has some green, blue and purple nestled in a bed of turquoise - yum! I plan to knit a stole for ME out of it, I hope soon. There is one more skein for a lucky soul, along with a dozen other delicious colors (can you tell I think about food a lot (yummy, delicious)? I can't help it - the words describe the incredible shades of hand dyers so perfectly. So I will keep using them. Anyone have some new words for me? The larger shot shows the same yarn, hopefully you can see the other colors too. Eve is halfway through a sock in this yarn and it is just beautiful (see, I didn't use a food term).
Beth just called me at home to say that Dream In Color phoned and they are shipping our next order of Smooshy on Monday. Yippee! I thought I was going to have to wait much longer for this to come in so I was pleasantly surprised. Oh you just don't know the pain of it with all this glorious yarn available and not enough time to knit it all (and not enough money to buy it all). So we have to pick and choose what we think you will like. Sometimes it is a crap shoot, but sometimes we pick a winner. These two yarns fall into the latter category.
I'm also waiting for samples of 3 new hand dyed yarns from an individual dyer. I have found this to be very rewarding, working with small individual companies, rather than with so many of the big guys. That is not to say that we won't buy from them too, but we like to have lots of variety to offer. I already have appointments to see sales reps for ordering spring yarns. Don't think I will be too heavy into that area, but we will see.
Please send me your comments, pro and con and any photo you would like to post on these pages (please limit to yarn purchased at Needle Nook). I will put them up here for all the world to see. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Woofgangpug said...

Hmmm...well, we could say that most of my stash is aged like beef, we make cakes of yarn, some yarn is like buttah...okay, I'm only through the first three letters of the alphabet and I'm hungry already!